It’s now summer in the northern hemisphere. Summer is typically a slow time for a lot of businesses. While your competitors may be resigned to not getting new business, you can take advantage of the timing. I’ll be sharing some ideas that you can implement over the next couple of months on how to boost your business if you offer any kind of business services such as coaching or consulting.
Here are 20 Ways to Supercharge Your Business During the Summer Months.
1. Offer a quick start 2 or 3 month program for a limited number of people
2. Open up one VIP day a week as a special summer promotion to help get your clients set for the fall season
3. Reach out to your existing customers and say you have 2-3 new spots open and offer them a free session with you if they send you a referral
4. Go through your collection of business cards for people you’ve met at events and reach out to them with an offer or asking for a referral
5. Follow up with all prospects that weren’t closed from the past 6 months
6. Ask your colleagues for referrals
7. Follow-up on overdue accounts
8. See which former clients you may be able to reactivate
9. Pre-sell a new program that you’ll deliver in real time that you can sell as a package in the fall
10. Have a summer sale of all programs you have
11. Create a weekly series of in-depth topics you’ll cover in a teleseminar or webinar that you can record and sell for more later
12. Put together an in-person training for early in 2015 and offer early bird discounts to those who buy tickets now
13. Seek out new joint venture partners
14. Review and update your website, autoresponder emails, funnels and ad campaigns
15. Update your social media profiles
16. Reach out to colleagues and clients to participate in telesummits, contribute guest blog posts and be a guest on podcasts
17. Research new marketing methods
18. Review content you’ve already created to see how you can package it in different formats to reach new audiences
19. Map out a content publication schedule with topics in advance
20. Review and update your services, products, pricing – get rid of what isn’t working, increase prices where needed
Did anything on this list jump out at you? This might be a good starting point for you. I’d suggest picking at least 3 of these items to attack over the summer months.
What did I miss? Share it in the comments below.